Creation of travelogues : a variety of educational approaches
“Creations of travel diaries: a variety of educational approaches,” Pascale Argod, InterCDI, No. 228, November-December 2010, p. 64-69 (6 pages).
Projects travelogues we mounted the last three years (2007-2010) are at once documentary and artistic, between media information and artwork on the editorial model of its kind that oscillates tourist guide artist’s book . In continuation of actions in the Auvergne Academy since 2001 (Price and day students training and internship PAF), and we experimented with some colleagues this tool teachers-librarians  Bordeaux under different educational fields such as intercultural education and citizenship and awareness of heritage and environment and sustainable development.
1. Artist’s book and travel as initiatory journey and professional (2008-2009)
2. A book of European heritage to foster European exchange Comenius and Leonardo (2009-2010)
3. A family history book for the integration of migrants in the project “Interculturalités and live together” (2009-2010)
4. An intercultural exchange between the English and Indians to understand the other (2007-2008)
5. A travel digital multimedia language learning (2008-2010)
Meet the arts and sciences, the travel book seems creative teaching tool that combines the documentary approach to the artistic process to forge a spirit of innovation and a sensitive eye on the world. Understand their environment, interact with the other, understand another culture, his identity and his roots are the objectives of the book medium initiatory journey that becomes the world and elsewhere. This diversity of educational approaches is the pedagogical interest. As the sculptor Rodin “I do not create, I see, because I know I can create” a good maxim for the creative process of the travelogue. If the trip as youth, the book would be the passport as an introduction to the meeting of cultural difference and the reflection on the perception of Elsewhere .